Monday, March 22, 2010











One of my favorite things to do is to re-arrange an existing room with my clients own furniture, then add great pieces from the store. I wanted to share with you a few rooms I am currently working on, although they are not completed. This first before and after is from one of my favorite clients that I have in Wichita Falls, TX. She is a HUGE Beatles fan and has some really great collectibles. She wanted to turn this library into her very own space. A place for all of her treasured Beatles memorabilia. She wanted to use her existing sofa and leather chair and incorporate her great grandmothers piano in the room. So, we painted the walls a neutral color, rearranged her furniture in order to accommodate the piano (which is not in there yet), it will go in the space at the end of the sofa, incorporated a fun rug ( which will be placed in front of the sofa, we will add pillows, window treatments and an accent chair, and re-upholster the piano bench to make the room come together in that fun and funky way that she wanted. Look for the completed before and afters on the website http://www.theloftduncan.net/ soon. Also, I must mention that the sconces on the wall in the after shot that you see will be hardwired in and black shades added. Remember, this is just the before and in-between pics!!!! I really wanted the pictures to be below my text, with the before pics first, then the afters, but oh well I am still learning how exactly to do this!!!! You get it though, don't you?? Ohhh and also, I have to mention this to all you Beatles fans out there!!! See the album above the mantle, I thought it was missing, oh no, this is the infamous Beatles White Album:) hee hee. Don't think I didn't get a few chuckles from the homeowner on that one!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment